In addition to its function as a university and institute library, the Wageningen UR Library also has a national responsibility to provide information in the area of Life Sciences. The Library finds it very important that Wageningen UR students and employees and others can use the library facilities as much as possible. To prevent misuse of its facilities, the library has established a number of rules with which all library users have to comply.
The Library is not responsible for damage to and/or theft of a visitor's personal belongings.
Order and Quiet
The Library seeks to maintain a quiet work environment. Visitors are requested not to disturb other library users. Mobile telephones may not be used.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Furniture in the group spaces and the study areas must be returned to the standard arrangement after use.
- Library users must be able to study in peace and quiet on the 4th floor. This means that users at the round tables should speak in a hushed voice. Library employees can request visitors who disturb others to comply with the house rules on order and quiet. Library employees can ask bothersome visitors to leave the Library. Employees may also ban problem visitors from the Library for a period of time. If a library user is a banned from the library, he or she will receive written confirmation of the decision.
Use of the PCs
The computer facilities are intended for work and study. Library employees will monitor the proper use of these facilities.
Jackets and Bags
Jackets and bags may be brought into the Library. Library and security employees have the right to check jackets and bags if they have reasonable suspicion to do so. Jackets and bags can also be stored in the cloakroom on the ground floor of the building and/or in the lockers located in the Forum Building. The lockers must be emptied at the end of the day.
Food and Drink
Food and drink are not permitted in the Library in order to prevent damage to documents and equipment. Water in resealable bottles is exempted from this rule.
Vandalism and Theft
Users should treat library materials and library facilities carefully. If a library user vandalises, misuses facilities or steals, he or she can be denied use of the facilities and/or admission to the Library. In the case of vandalism and/or damage, the loss will be passed on to the perpetrator in all cases.
Deposit waste in the available waste islands.
Lost and Found
If you have lost something or if you have found another visitor's property, then you may inquire about or turn the object(s) in at the Library's front desk.
Special Collections Department
- No eating or drinking in the reading room.
- Bags and jackets may not be brought inside the department.
- The area is monitored by a security camera.
- Visitors may write with pencil only.
- Visitors must follow the instructions of library employees in consulting material.
- Visitors may consult books from the special collections outside the department only if they have the approval of the library employees.
- Visitors must ask permission to copy or photograph material.
- When a visitor leaves the department, library employees are allowed to check a visitor's material and the material that he or she consulted.
- Finally, the Library's house rules also apply to this area.
|Wageningen Digital Library, 29 November 2007|