Scopus is a substantive abstracts database or bibliography of over 18,000 journal titles from 5,000 publishers. To be able to set up alerts in this database, you need to register on the Scopus website.
To set up an alert via Scopus, perform the following steps:
- Before you are going to set up alerts in Scopus, you will have to log in. Click on the "Login" link and fill Login name and your Scopus password. If you haven't registered before, choose Register instead, complete the form and click the Submit button.
- Make sure that you are logged in to Scopus, your Login name is shown on the screen. Choose one of the search options (basic - advanced - author search).
- Perform a search in Scopus on a self chosen subject. Hit the search button. Assess the results list.
- If you don't like the results perform a new Search or Search within results or Refine Results. If you are happy with what you see click Save as Alert.
- Give a description for your alert, and choose whether you want to have new records sent to you daily, weekly or monthly. Click the Submit button.
- Go to My Alerts. Here you see your list of alerts in Scopus. On this page you can Delete and Edit your alerts.
More information on this topic can be found in the Scopus help file.
|Wageningen Digital Library, 31 May, 2007|