The CDS-ISIS user forum
Micro CDS/ISIS is an advanced non-numerical information storage and retrieval software developed by UNESCO since 1985.
It is widely used for bibliographic (and other) databases throughout the world, and especially in developing countries.
In 1993, the LISTSERV distribution list
CDS-ISIS started serving as a forum
for exchange of information between users (and developers) of the
software. Untill now, this has functioned very well.
You can browse the archives of this list, or search them through a searchable index
In addition to this electronic discussion forum, we felt the need
for a comprehensive and easily accessable source of information on
CDS/ISIS, which is why we started the CDS-ISIS user
forum on gopher, which has since been transferred to the Web.
Here you will find a.o.:
- The ISIS-software family : an introduction for novice/prospective users
- A bibliography on CDS/ISIS by Ernesto Spinak (1998)
- An updated bibliography on CDS/ISIS (2001), by Cristina Dotta Ortega
- Putting CDS/ISIS databases on a CD-ROM / by Ed Brandon
- A collection of related software: utilities, conversion programs, computer aided instruction etc.
- Database designs
- A multilingual stopword file
- Printer Control Direct from CDS/ISIS for DOS, Alan Wood's notes on how to control printer functions by sending escape sequences within print formats, and what sequences are needed for Hewlett-Packard printers. Includes a sample database for downloading.
- Piet de Keyser's Manual Collection, a collection of manuals to different conversion programs which can be used to convert data to or from a CDS/ISIS database.
- The declaration of Bogota (1995)
- A report on the Crimea 96 conference , by Alan Hopkinson
Related Web sites
Listed below are a number of other Web sites of interest to users of CDS-ISIS.
- Unesco, who developed the program, has a site giving general information.
- The CDS/ISIS for Windows Handbook by Andrew Buston and Alan Hopkinson
- WAIS-ISIS is distributed at the ftp site of GARR in Italy.
- IQUERY, an interactive search engine for Mini Micro CDS/ISIS DataBases, to run under three plattforms, Linux, SCO and DOS
- Product catalogue of the Biblioteca Virtual em Sa˙de (Bireme)
- JAVAISIS, a Client-Server software that allow you to consult any CDS/ISIS databases through a JAVA interface.
- Delphi-ISIS, a Windows-95/NT front end for CDS/ISIS, developed by L.J. Haravu (version 2 now available).
- A page with a number a utilities by Norberto Manzanos. There are utilities to convert different file formats (text, .DBF) to CDS/ISIS format, and to convert ISISUC and ISISAC tables. In Spanish.
- Version 2.0 of JAVAISIS. This version consists of two Java applications: a Java Client and a Java Server. It is available for Windows 95/98 and NT, Linux and any other Unix system
- CDS-ISIS and the year 2000?
- ISX/CIRC : a Circulation System for Cds/Isis
- Bibliosoft (in Portuguese), developers of Bibliobase, a library automation system based on CDS-ISIS.
- ISIS PLUS, the UK CDS/ISIS User Group.
- Nederlandstalige CDS/ISIS-Gebruikersgroep (Dutch/Flemish user group, in Dutch)
- Klub Uzytkownikow Pakietu Mikro CDS/ISIS w Polsce (Polish CDS/ISIS Users' Club, in Polish)
- YUISIS Club, founded within the National Library of Serbia.
- CDS/ISIS Netzwerk e.V. German language user group
|Wageningen Digital Library, 7 November, 2006|