Utilities and other helpful programs for users of CDS-ISIS.
- Demonstration and learning
- Data conversion
- User friendly searching and browsing
- Data entry and editing
- Other utilities
Demonstration and learning
- TEPACIS - computer aided instruction
- A teaching package on CDS-ISIS, written by Francis J. Devadason.
It can be downloaded from Mr. Devadasons Little Library for Librarians.
- Self running DEMO of CDS/ISIS
- DEMO is a self running English language demonstration showing
the features and possible applications of CDS/ISIS. It was written by Giampaolo Del Bigio.
User instructions ¦ DEMO.ZIP
For a number of these programs, additional manuals can be found in Piet de Keyser's Manual Collection
- Fangorn - Converting data to ISO-2709 files
- This program is meant to convert data downloaded from host computers into a
form that can be read into a CDS/ISIS database.
About Fangorn ¦ Fangorn.zip
- Comma - Importing comma delimited files
- The program Comma.pcd is a menu exit that make it possible to import Comma
Delimited Files (CDF) into a MicroIsis data base.
Documentation file ¦ comma.pas
- Db3iso - dBaseIII to ISO 2709 exporter utility
- ISODB3 - ISO 2709 to dBaseIII
- You need to build a .dbf file with the same fields as the file you want
to convert before running the program.
- CCF converter - Conversion of CCF to MARC and viceversa
- The specific major purposes of the program are to convert records in UNIMARC format to Unesco's
Common Communication Format (CCF) and vice-versa. For that reason, a number of special processes for those conversions
are included in the program, in addition to processes for converting ISO 2709 records to the CDS/ISIS format.
User manual ¦ CCF.ZIP
- TXT2ISO - Conversion of ASCII to ISO-2709
- The TXT2ISO.EXE program is meant for conversion of ASCII text files to ISO-2709 formatted files.
User instructions ¦ TXT2ISO.EXE
- BROW - browsing databases
- This program enhances browsing and saving to a file functions of CDS-ISIS.
The most important features include:
- Browsing forward and backward through a database.
- Scrolling display of long records.
- 'one key' switch to the ALL format.
- Saving of manually tagged files to a SAV file.
- SHOW v. 5.0 - Viewing records
- The SHOW program is a Menu Exit that makes it possible to see records one at a time, moving forwards or backwards,
and also allows immediate printing of records selected from the screen, with a short format.
User instructions ¦ SHOW.ZIP (Version 5.0)
- IRIS - user friendly search interface
- The searching interface 'IRIS' (Information Retrieval Interface System for ISIS) is a general purpose ISIS/Pascal
programmed interface for searching CDS/ISIS databases and browsing the search results. The programs in the interface
require CDS/ISIS for DOS, version 3.07 or later.
User instructions ¦ iris.zip (demo version) (use pkunzip -d)
- A Windows-95/NT front end for CDS/ISIS. New version available 1999-02-24
User instructions ¦ delisis.zip (demo version)
Data entry and editing
- GMOD - Global modifyer for CDS/ISIS files
- This program looks through all occurrences of a field and replaces a given
string with a new string. If you do not indicate a string to be replaced, it
creates a field and fills it with the new string.
About GMOD ¦ gmod.pas
- KasPus - deleting empty fields
- The little program KASPUS deletes fields which are empty or contain only spaces.
User instruction ¦ kaspus.pas
- ODIN - interface for data entry and editing
- The interface 'ODIN' (Operative Data INput) is a general purpose ISIS/Pascal programmed interface for data entry and
editing. It requires CDS/ISIS for DOS, version 3.0 or later.
As an interface, it will 'bridge' the way data entry staff without advanced training on CDS/ISIS (and the database structures used, such as CCF) can work and the internal storage format of CDS/ISIS records.
User instructions ¦ odin.zip (demo version) (use pkunzip -d)
- PRINT - selecting and printing specific records
- The program PRINT enables a CDS/ISIS user to print specific records from a database by typing in their MFNs.
You can print up to 50 records this way.
About print ¦ print.pas
- Putting a number before printed records
- The programs SETCNT and COUNT used together will outpout a progressive number before each record
retrieved and sent to the printer.
User instructions ¦ SETCNT.PAS ¦ COUNT.PAS
- Printer control direct from CDS/ISIS for DOS
- Alan Wood's notes on how to control printer functions by sending escape sequences within print formats, and what sequences are needed for Hewlett-Packard printers. Includes a sample database for downloading.
- ISX/CIRC allows small libraries and documentation centres using CDS/ISIS to control the loan and return of books,
documents or files.
The author stresses that he is no longer able to give support for this program or make any adaptations.
More detailed description ¦ Installation instructions & technical specifications ¦ ISXCIRC.ZIP
- NEWSDI - production of SDI outputs, Version 2.0, 1995
- This program produces regular SDI outputs from CDS-ISIS files, based on a specific user profile.
User instructions ¦ NEWSDI.ZIP
- UTILITARIOS - various utilities (in Spanish)
- User instructions (in Spanish) ¦ UTILITAR.ZIP (use pkunzip -d)
- IDIS - Bidirectional interface between CDS/ISIS and micro-IDAMS
- The interface performs data description and data transfer between the micro-CDS/ISIS and micro-IDAMS packages in
both directions. This means a transfer:
- Of a selected part of an ISIS data base into an IDAMS dataset.
- Off a selected part of an IDAMS dataset into an ISIS data base.
- CALLNO - format exit for NLM (and other) call numbers
- This format exit provides support for call numbers such as used at the National Library of Medecine, but with some
minor changes, could be adapted for similar styles of call numbers (e.g. Library of Congress Classification numbers).
The approach taken was to expand the call number, inserting blanks as required to align the different subparts of the
User instructions ¦ callno.pas
- Logging deleted records
|Wageningen Digital Library, 6 October, 1999|