|Title||Field-level model approach to assess water and nutrient use efficiencies : WaterFARMING project. Report for deliverable 2.1|
|Author(s)||Silva, J.V.; Reidsma, P.; Jomaa, S.; Ghaley, B.B.; Ittersum, M.K. van; Anten, N.P.R.|
Centre for Crop Systems Analysis
Plant Production Systems
Crop and Weed Ecology
|Publication type||Scientific report|
|Abstract||- Two models have been chosen for field-level assessment of crop yields and water- and nutrient use efficiencies: WOFOST and DAISY.
- For WOFOST a post-doc (João Vasco Silva), who is an expert in this modelling approach has been added to the team. He is also the lead author of this report.
- For DAISY, a brief description of the model and data requirements are provided as a guide for the consortium on data needs.
- For WOFOST calibration and evaluation protocols and associated data needs have been worked out. Detailed templates have been developed and distributed in the team.
- For sites in Germany and the Netherlands detailed experiments have been chosen that are ideally suited for model calibration and evaluation. The quality and detail of the data available is very high. In Denmark, data are available from a combined food and energy system for the modelling task.
- Finding suitable experimental data for the other countries is ongoing, there being some challenges in this regard. In view of this we aim to find experimental data for at least one site in South Europe and one in North Africa.